Monday, March 30, 2009

Coconuts and Fish

Here I am again, in the Gardner Auditorium (aka the Galactic Council Chamber) listening to yet another economist talk about coconuts and fish. Why the hell do they love this model so much? I mean, I understand, you want to teach comparative advantage, but if you are stuck on a desert island with only coconuts and fish, is there really any advantage at all? Well, as I embark on another quarter, I have to say that spring break is really way too short. I mean, I did not really get into the rest and relaxation phase until one week had passed by, and by then, it was time to get ready to go back. I should have slept more last night, but I was having too much fun living in another world (Middle Earth) . Yes, the Lord of the Rings online world is a lot of fun, but thankfully I only signed up for the free 10 day trial. I would end up stuck in that realm, as it is infinitely more interesting than economics, and for now, I have to pretend that Sara Palin and John McCain are stuck on a desert island trading coconuts and fish. Snore.

No comments:

Post a Comment